Cisco Technology Radar Trends
Here is a list of technologies that are currently being monitored…
- Growth of Encrypted Network Traffic
- Network Simplification
- Dynamic Spectrum Access
- Securing the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Predictive Context
- Real-Time Analytics
- Browser-Based Video and Collaboration
- Evolution of Data Management and Data Fabric
- Fog Computing
Why that post? Here is a bit of what I am doing on a daily basis…
A Startup World In An Infographic (#)
From beach to snow… shortly after our trip to Corsica we spent a few days in Lucerne and went up the Mt. Rigi. Here are the pictures on Flickr and the review on TripAdvisor of Ibis Styles Hotel.
I published a few pictures on flickr taken during my last stay in Corsica in the fabulous domain of Murtoli (somewhere between Bonifaccio and Sartène). We also stop by Porto-Vecchio and stay in a quite nice hotel (good price/quality ratio) called Shegara, here is my TripAdvisor review.
I bought myself a Withings Pulse which, I suppose, initiate my first steps into the Quantify Self movement (wikipedia). I received the device earlier this week and I would not draw a conclusion too fast as I am still in the “honey moon” period but it has been quite pleasant so far to discover the capabilities of the device, with a few caveats.
While unboxing was pleasant and setting up the device was smooth I bump into some problems when trying to charge the device. The USB cable was very hard to insert in the device and when eventually charged it was even harder to remove it to the point that I broke it. Luckily they are using a standard USB charging cable which means I can use the charging cable from my Samsung S4.
I opened a case on their website but I have not heard anything yet.
Upgrading the device software through Bluetooth was not that smooth as it has hung for a while until I stopped it and tried again a few times. Did it again a few times to finally get it working, I think.
The Android app is really nice, very user friendly and easy to use.
My wish list, to be completed when needed:
- I am currently missing some explanation on how exactly the device and its various sensors work. I am doubtful about its accuracy and would love to have some insights on that.
- In the same line of thoughts how does the sleep mode work? How is it making a difference between light sleep and deep sleep? Is it using the accelerometer sensors? Or the heart rate? In which case I’d like to see those heart value in the related graph.
- What about periodical (to be set) notifications to take my heart rate? Or an automatic mode when wearing the wrist?
- more to come :-)
Now I am looking forward to see what to do with those data :-) but that will not stop me to order the Withings Balance.
Open knowledge is what open data becomes when it’s useful, usable and used.
via Open Knowledge: much more than open data | Open Knowledge Foundation Blog.
And not to be miss is the Open Knowledge Conference in September…
[…] I have had an extremely busy day, I am tired, and all I want to do is sleep, something pulls me to the computer to see what is going on. Just to make sure I haven’t missed anything new or an interesting point of view. […] Src
I did not realize one can “quit the internet”… it must feel good. really. but is it doable?
Test de publication depuis l’app Android… pas mal du tout
Dan Pallotta: The way we think about charity is dead wrong
Areas of discrimination (The Rest of the World vs. The Nonprofit Sector)
- Taking risk on new revenue ideas
- Profit to attract risk capital